Some people I stalk/follow online… Sobriety update, dating update, life changes, and work. A.D.D. post. :)
I haven’t been making posts as regularly as I had been in the past. I’ve been somewhat busy.
I drive about 2 hours a day… While it may not seem like a lot, I think that the commute is starting to kick my a$$ a little. It’s totally worth it though because Iloveliving where I’m living.
My roommate is cool and we get along great.
Anywho, I wanted to share some links for some of the people that I follow on various sites just in case some of my friends are interested.
There’s DaveyWavey on Youtube: He’s eyecandy and he reminds me that people do actually care about the world. Also, he makes me remember that each of us are beautiful in our own ways. Most of all, he’s taught me to love myself for who I am. While I’ve been told this by my parents, teachers in the past, and counselors at school… He’s the one that made me finally realize it.
Then there’s TylerOakley. I didn’t really follow him on Youtube until recently. I think I found him via his Tumblr. His videos can remind me about the stereotypes of gay men in the community in general and usually can put a nice spin to it.
Somehow, I came across samkinsman… He thinks that people doesn’t watch his video posts… but I do. :p
I find it amazing how I can become connected to people through following their blogs, and then connected to further people by reading, listening, or watching the content that they post. It’s great to know that there are people out there that arecreatingthings rather than just consuming them.
I’m definitely a consumer… However, I sometimes create things. It’s nice to know that anyone can become a creator by simply doing so and posting it to the web somewhere.
The advancement of technology in my lifetime has been amazing. For example, I thought my friends and I were “the shit” when we had a T1 (1.54megabits). I now get 20megabits downstream to my phone when I’m in a metropolitan area (LTE). When I’m in BFE where I just have CDMA, I get around 4-5 megabits.
My home Internet connection is around 20megabits down, 5 megabits up. It’s amazing to me about the advancements in technology in terms of photography, video, and communications.
There have been some major changes in my life since I’ve been sober…
1) I’ve gotten a job that I have been wanting for 2 years.
2) I’ve paid off a debt to a bill collector, mostly so they would stop calling me.
3) On next Friday, I’ll have a loan paid off (finally) that I had taken out nearly a year ago.
4) I’ll start working on my credit card debt (which isn’t a lot of debt to begin with, but I had been putting it off.)
5) I can now pay all of my bills comfortably.
6) I’ve met someone that I’m very interested in and he’s interested in me as well. I had a fling after meeting him with a friend of mine. I told him about it and he claims that he isn’t holding it against me because we haven’t had the monogamy talk yet. However, I think that we’re progressing into something more because we’ve brought up the idea of it. I felt bad after the hookup/fling because I do want to pursue further relations with him… so I told him about it. I remember in the past, I had met someone, the day that I met him, he went over to one of his friend’s houses and hooked up with them.
He basically hooked up with someone the night he met me. I was young at the time, but he always left that bit of information out. So, I felt like it was lying by omission… So, I went ahead and told the guy that I’m interested in about what had happened and cleared the air.
I’m come to the conclusion: no more hookups since I’m finally interested in someone.
… my blogroll.
Well, I thought I’d post a warning to those who follow my blog…
Just be careful if you click through to any of the blogs that I follow… Some of them are rather provocative… I just like the eye candy and some of them give me ideas for shoots in the future.